Sunday, October 13, 2013

An update... Moved to post about my Ink.

Facebook post:  I saw this as I was scrolling and stopped to look at it.... then I started thinking... I have tattoos but I don't think they are wrong so i wanted to do some research... I came across this article.http://christianity.about.com/od/faqhelpdesk/f/tattoochristian.htm and I think it makes sense. I didn't get mine in a pagan ritual. I didn't get them to celebrate another (little g)god. Mine celebrate me... what God has made me. and my family and what God blessed me with in them. My ink represents my happiness, my struggles, and other aspects of a life I living with God as my 1 and only. No one else has to agree... I just wanted to get that out there.

I wanted to go further in detail but not bore those who are scrolling down the land of FB.  
I have several tattoos.  6 to be exact. I have never sat down and explained them all to anyone because I know what they mean to me but I am in the mood to reveal just what they mean to me... what I want in my future and why... that kind of thing.

1.  On my front right shoulder... I have this.... 
(pre weight loss pic)
It ended with the heart made by the bass and treble clefs filled in with some red.... but this represents my love for music. Music is a great part of my life.  I sang in a Choir through out college.  I was in chorus in high school and below.  My mom sang when I was young while she was cleaning... hymns, radio songs, whatever...and she didn't care if you thought she could carry a tune in a bucket or not because she liked to sing.  She is the reason I love music so much.  And music has played a large part in my Christian life.  The feelings I get when I am singing praise means more to me personally than a long sermon and can hold more power than just a spoken story... to me... and that is not true for everyone... but music moves me.

2.  Clover on my wrist: 4 leaf variety.  This is the American version of an Irish tradition.  Shamrocks are 3-leafed and stand for the trinity.  I am the American version of my Irish heritage.  But this also reminds me of my BFF as she has the same one and we got them together.  The Lord has blessed me with a GREAT Friend who I would do anything in the world for and she would for me too.  And I get to be Aunty to her amazing kids.  

3.  My Cherries on my foot.
Cherries are a symbol of fertility and the PCOS awareness ribbon is teal.  I pray to God everyday that we are able to be parents one day but this is a symbol for me of our struggle with a disease that prevents something we really want in life.  If God sees fit to make us a mom and dad one day, and I get frustrated at my kid I will be able to see this and think... remember how blessed you are to be a mom.  And maybe it will help calm me down.  

4. Fiorghra is the Irish word for TRUE LOVE is on my right forearm.  This to me means many things.  People often assume it is because I am in love and married.  And it is partially about that.  Because I have found my true love in the world where many times that can seem impossible.  I have found the guy God made for me. But to me real True love is the kind you have with God.  and that is a constant reminder that no matter how down I feel... I have true love in my life. 

5. My Sparrow on my inner right ankle- birds represent overcoming struggle or moving on. I feel like God is my Sparrow, the one I can count on to help me overcome the obstacles in my life or the one who can uplift me when I am at my lowest. 

6.  The Harry Potter quoted on my left shoulder blade.  This is for my daddy.  he is in Heaven now but I keep him close to me and he is in my heart always.  God had blessed me with the best daddy in the world.  And the best mom... I am truly a blessed lady.  

My Ink is my life... its a reminder of me being as blessed as I am.  So even if I am wrong... even if no one agrees with me... i don't think God is going to keep me from heaven because I have tattoos..... because they are not for hateful reasons, or pagan reasons.... That is just how I feel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment